Yes, I totally just patted myself on the back there. :-D
These cookies were made for a few coworkers for the 4th of July.
For these lovely USA cookies I once again mixed in sprinkles to the dough, this time they were red, white, and blue stars. I remembered to be better this time, I actually took pictures of the dough while I was making the cookies!!
When I first opened my sprinkles bottle there was an escapee from another batch of sprinkles at the factory that was trying to hide out!
I love the way that the sprinkles add another dimension to the cookies. I think I may do this more often, provided I have the right sprinkles for the design of the cookies of course.
I ended up using a few different decorating techniques for these cookies; piping, flooding, wet-on-wet, and of course writing with the help of my friend Arty (aka my Artograph Design Master).
I absolutely adore the fireworks. I wasn't sure about them at first, but I think they turned out pretty well. And coming from a military family I can't help but have sayings like "home of the Free because of the Brave" on my patriotic cookies. I am so thankful for my family and friends who have sacrificed so much for the freedoms we have and the ability to celebrate the holidays like we can. There were many more stars that were decorated, though none were as good as that blue one so I wanted to highlight it for y'all. I love how clean the wet-on-wet technique can look, and that cookie displays it pretty well.
I hope you all have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!!
I'm headed into work today and then will be enjoying the weekend with family :)
There is more baking planned for the weekend, so stay tuned for more patriotic goodies!
~Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment