My dad flew into town to visit for the 4th of July weekend. My sweet mom tried to fly in, but didn't make it due to full flights and bad weather.
I had intended to do more baking than I did, but it was just too busy!
My husband, dad, and father in law were all amazing on Friday the 4th and started replacing our deck. Though the deck was completely safe before, the boards and nails were coming up and it was just ready to be repaired/replaced. So these sweet guys spent their holiday pulling up and replacing the deck boards. Luckily we have a pretty small deck, though it was still a pretty tough job. They got all the boards replaced on Friday and will work on the rest in pieces. It looks so much better already!!
I'm so grateful for these wonderful guys!!
While they worked on the deck I was able to get my one baking project for the weekend finished. I made some yummy chocolate fudge ice cream cone cake pops!
Saturday we went out for a day on the lake. Good times were had by all (except I wish my mom had been able to make it, we missed you mom!!).
This week I have three baking tasks ahead of me, so more posts should be up in a week!!
Hope you all had a happy and safe 4th, and hope you have a wonderful week!
~Sarah






No comments:
Post a Comment