Saturday, June 21, 2014

What a day

Man, after the tasks completed today I am exhausted!

I started the morning off by getting up (early, unfortunately, due to my dear sweet husband making noise at 6am--luckily I was able to fall back asleep until 7:30am) and making breakfast, this mornings feast was home made buttermilk biscuits and sausage :)

Then he headed out to do yard work while I did some work stuff.
Next it was time to (finally) paint the changing table he made for a friends baby.

After that is when the real fun happened, decorating freshly baked cookies!
I baked up a new batch of cookies last night, and this time I did something I'd not done before--I added sprinkles to the dough! I need to start getting better about taking pictures during cookie making and decorating as opposed to just after, because I have no evidence until a cookie is bitten into. Darn, guess that means I need to take a bite ;)

This special batch of cookies is for a coworkers baby shower that is Monday at work, she requested a dessert party and boy is it hard for me to decide which dessert to whip up! I decided on cookies for 2 reasons: 1. My coworkers have yet to have my sugar cookies 2. I love cookie-ing!!






Oh the sweetness of baby-themed cookies. Love, love, love!!

After those were finished the hubbs and I went back to the garage and finished building our game of giant Jenga that we started several weeks ago, and cleaned up several little messes in the garage that had been piling up due to the projects happening down there. I know what you're thinking now, giant Jenga?! Yes, giant Jenga. I can't wait to play it!! Its made of 2x4s cut into 10 & 1/2 inch pieces, 48 of them. We got the idea here: http://www.abeautifulmess.com/2013/08/make-this-giant-jenga.html
We haven't set it up yet, so pics will have to come later :)

Happy Saturday!
More cookies to come this week, I'm working on some new summer-themed designs.
~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment