Sunday, March 16, 2014

Adventures

Adventures  I've had lately:

Life has been busy the past several months, what with half marathon training, a family vacation to Colorado, work, and of course baking.

Here are some of my most recent baking adventures:


Doctor Who cookies for a Whovian party!
The DW logo and bowtie cookies were cut by hand with a printed template.
After the royal icing dried I painted the cookies with pearl dust to make them sparkle.


These are popsicle cookies from last summer, I used a 10-gallon hat cookie cutter and cut the brim off to make the double popsicles.
While the colorful icing was still wet I used white to put a small line at the top to make them look shiny.


This idea I got from the amazing Sugar Belle, peanut butter and jelly cookies!!
I ordered a bread cookie cutter from cookiecutters.com


Oh the beach trip cookies, what a fun time! These cookies were made for a trip with my husband and our friends for a trip to Florida at the end of last summer. It was so FUN to make these detailed cookies, and just as fun to eat at the beach. :)

My first attempt at bra and panty cookies for a friends bachelorette party.
They're made from a heart cookie cutter. They turned out so cute!


Christmas cookies from last years Christmas party.
I think of all the cookies I make throughout the year these are the ones I love to make the most. Not only because they are fun to make, but because its a wonderful time of the year.


Most recently I tried two new techniques, quilted cookies and stenciled cookies, I think for a first attempt they look pretty good!! They were so fun to make.


This entry is my attempt to get back into blogging, I hope you enjoy these posts!

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment